- The competition is open only to newspapers which are registered members of Local Ireland (The Regional Newspapers and Printers Association of Ireland).
- Entries for all nomination categories must have first appeared in the relevant local newspaper’s print or online editions between 1st January and 31st December 2021.
- The closing date for entries is Friday July 15th at 5pm.
- All pdf/Jpeg entries must be received online at https://localireland.info/award-entry/ . Each pdf must show page folio and entrant’s byline. In the case of entries for Photograph of the Year, category entrants are requested to file jpegs only.
- Each newspaper may enter all categories. Journalists may submit may submit a maximum of three entries for individual categories. Photographers and advertising departments may submit up to 6 entries in their respective categories.
- All entries from member titles are free of charge.
- Entries will be judged by an independent panel of judges appointed by Local Ireland.
- The judges’ decisions will be final and the judges will not enter into debate on their selections.