- The competition is open only to newspapers which are registered members of Local Ireland (The Regional Newspapers and Printers Association of Ireland) at 31st January 2020.
- Entries for all nomination categories must have first appeared in the relevant local newspaper’s print or online versions between 1st February 2019 and 31st January 2020.
- The closing date for entries is Friday 12th June ’20. at 5.00 pm.
- All pdf/Jpeg entries must be received online at http://www.localireland.info/award-entry. Each pdf must show page folio and entrant’s byline. In the case of entries for Photograph of the Year category entrants are requested to upload jpegs only.
- Each newspaper may enter all categories, however journalists may only submit a maximum of two entries each in categories 1-3 and 3 entries in categories 4 and 5. Photographers and advertising departments may submit up to 6 entries in their respective categories.
- All entries from member titles are free of charge
- Entries will be judged by an independent panel of judges appointed by Local Ireland.
- The judges’ decisions will be final and the judges will not enter into debate on their selections with anyone.